Carolyn North Books
About Carolyn’s Books
Since my first book, Earth Below, Heaven Above, A Portrait of India was published in 1975, all my books have dealt with the interface between matter and spirit. In each book I focus on one of the Universal Aspects, attempting to convey through personal story the feel and images, qualities and deep truths of my subject.
Every book is different, and yet I think every one of them is on the same subject, as I use my personal stories to look at the Cosmos through one of the basic lenses of reality: Polarity; the Chakra system; Synchronicity; Death and Dying; Love; Multi-dimensionality; Creativity. How can I present this information about the basic forces in language that is accessible and sensory, like a personal mythology through which to glimpse universal patterns? In the end, every one of my books is really a love story.This form of writing has been called “creative non-fiction” or “autobiographical narrative.”
- The Fringe Series: Death – The Experience of a Lifetime, Crop Circles – Hoax or Happening? and Synchronicity – The Anatomy of Coincidence
- The Musicians and the Servants: A Novel of India deals with polarity: Heaven and Earth; matter and spirit, dark and light, etc.
- Seven Movements, One Song: Memoir As Metaphor deals with the 7 energy centers, the Chakras, and how they manifest in a single life.
- The Experience of a Lifetime: Living Fully, Dying Consciously is about death, life and preparing for the passage.
- Ecstatic Relations: A Memoir is about the force of attraction, and how it manifests in humans as Love.
- Voices Out of Stone: Magic and Mystery in Megalithic Brittany is the true story of 2 women who receive lessons from the megaliths in Carnac, Brittany.
- In the Beginning: Creation Myths from Around the World is 16 fully illustrated creation myths re-told from the indigenous perspective. Published by ICRL Press.
- Serious Fun: Ingenious Improvisations on Money, Food, Waste, Water and Home suggests low-tech, fun ways of addressing some of the dire issues of our time.
- Wordshift Happens! Facing Down the Fear, Waking Up the Mind is the sequel to Serious Fun and published byICRL Press.
- From the Notebooks of Carolyn North: Musings on the Passing Scene (Vol. 1)
- Freeflow Stories: Musings on the Passing Scene 2018–2022 was published in Winter, 2022 by ICRL Press.
The Links above will take you to the books at Amazon.com. All books are also available from the author for $15/copy plus $5.00 shipping and handling. Please contact us for purchasing instructions. Books will be sent as soon as check is received. Thank you.