Carolyn North Books
Today I have exciting news! My upcoming book, Freeflow Stories, the newest edition of Musings on the Passing Scene, is here at last! I wish it to be the perfect balm for these weird times. Little humorous essays about real life, perfectly true, and hopeful in spite of their truth! The book is priced in hopes that you will purchase one for yourself as well as one for a friend. Please click the button below to order your two copies for the two-fer price of $20, enter your shipping address in the form provided, and my Elf will contact you with news of their delivery to your mail box.
Over the years I have:
- given birth to three children;
- been a midwife in India;
- sung in a Gospel choir;
- started a farm;
- taught my technique of dance healing;
- started a hunger organization, Daily Bread;
- built a strawbale house;
- written 11 books on matter and spirit and;
- stayed married to the same man for 58 years until his death in 2015;
- started the CommonSpace Community Land Trust in Sonoma County;
- become a member of the Wild and Radish Community of Northern California where I am helping design a program for elders aging and dying in community.
I feel I am here to help make the transition from a materialistic culture to a culture that recognizes that we are all connected with each other, with the earth and with the cosmos. I live in Berkeley, California and have 4 grandchildren.
You can read my bi-monthly articles on Musings On The Passing Scene and can follow links to information about my books at About Carolyn’s Books. The latest books are From the Notebooks of Carolyn North: Musings on the Passing Scene (Vol. 1) and its sequel The Living Edge of Dying: Musings in an Era of Breakdown (Vol. 2). They both address the realities of our time with deep seriousness, humor, personal stories and suggestions of how to keep on keeping on.