Carolyn North Books
Over the years I have:
- given birth to three children;
- been a midwife in India;
- sung in a Gospel choir;
- started a farm;
- taught my technique of dance healing;
- started a hunger organization, Daily Bread;
- built a strawbale house;
- written 11 books on matter and spirit and;
- stayed married to the same man for 58 years until his death in 2015;
- started the CommonSpace Community Land Trust in Sonoma County;
- become a member of the Wild and Radish Community of Northern California where I am helping design a program for elders aging and dying in community.
I feel I am here to help make the transition from a materialistic culture to a culture that recognizes that we are all connected with each other, with the earth and with the cosmos. I live in Berkeley, California and have 4 grandchildren.
You can read my bi-monthly articles on Musings On The Passing Scene and can follow links to information about my books at About Carolyn’s Books. The latest books are From the Notebooks of Carolyn North: Musings on the Passing Scene (Vol. 1) and its sequel The Living Edge of Dying: Musings in an Era of Breakdown (Vol. 2). They both address the realities of our time with deep seriousness, humor, personal stories and suggestions of how to keep on keeping on.