Since my first book Earth Below, Heaven Above was published in 1975, all my books have dealt with the interface between matter and spirit. In each book I focus on one of the Universal Aspects, attempting to convey through personal story the feel and images, qualities and deep truths of my subject. The books, taken together as a body of work, attempt to lay out the basic forces of the world in language that is accessible and sensory, like a personal mythology through which the reader may glimpse universal patterns. This form of writing has been called "creative non-fiction" or "autobiographical narrative."
- The Musicians and the Servants, a novel of India deals with polarity -- Heaven and Earth, matter and spirit, dark and light, etc.
- Seven Movements, One Song deals with the 7 energy centers, the Chakras, and how they manifest in a single life.
- The Experience of a Lifetime: Living Fully, Dying Consciously is about death, life and preparing for the passage.
- Ecstatic Relations is about the force of attraction, and how it manifests in humans as Love.
- Voices Out of Stone: Magic and Mystery in Megalithic Brittany is the true story of 2 women who receive lessons from the megaliths in Carnac, Brittany.
- In The Beginning: Creation Myths from Around the World is 16 fully illustrated creation myths re-told from the indigenous perspective.
- Serious Fun: Ingenious Improvisations on Money, Food, Waste, Water and Home suggests low-tech, fun ways of addressing some of the dire issues of our time.
- Shift Happens will be published in 2012.